Stephane Lambiel 2010 Olympics

0

Written on 8:57 AM by Admin

If you are seraching for Stephane Lambiel 2010 olympics, Stephane Lambiel 2010 or Stephane Lambiel  Vancouver then you must check out this post.

Stephane Lambiel 2010 Olympics Stats

Height 175 cm (5' 8")
Date of Birth April 2, 1985
Age 24
Nationality Switzerland
Birthplace Switzerland
Nickname Stéph. (stephanelambiel.ch, 12 May 2005)
Coach Peter Grütter (stephanelambiel.ch, 28 Jan 2010)
Hobbies Cinema, music and dancing and collecting and taking care of ladybirds.
Occupation Student

Stephane Lambiel is back in 2010 Olympics. And while he's not sitting in the gold medal position heading into Thursday's free skate at the Pacific Coliseum, he's every bit as happy as his Russian counterpart to be back. Perhaps even more so.

Unlike Plushenko, Lambiel didn't quit because he was bored or tired of the daily routine of training. He was forced to the sidelines by a persistent hip problem that caused him concern his skating career might be over.

"It was a long day waiting to skate," said the 2005 and 2006 world champion and the 2006 Olympic silver medallist. "It was hard to deal with. I have to say I was nervous. I was just trying to tell myself to listen to the music and do what my body knows to do."

As said by Stephane Lambiel : "Last year at this time I couldn't skate more than twice a week before the hip would start to bother me. At that point, I never could have imagined I'd be here today."

The 24-year-old Swiss champion wasn't quite perfect in Tuesday's short program. Skating to the William Tell Overture he came close to dropping down to one knee on the landing of his quad toe loop and consequently was only able to add a double toe loop as the second part of his combination. He was awarded three Level 4 scores on his spins and footwork and two Level 3s.

That was good enough for a personal best short program score of 84.63 points and fifth place behind the leader Plushenko.

"In general I was happy, but a little disappointed with the double toe," said Lambiel, whose mother is Portuguese. "I'm pleased that the judges and the crowd seemed to like me."

More on the Olympics news

Developing...

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook
Add to Mixx! Jumptags Current NowPublic FriendFeed
Reddit
Your Ad Here

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment

Subscribe To My Podcast